Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Drifter FanArt/Comissions: Wave 2!

Alright, here are the new Drifter Fanart/Comission images! There are only three of them, but I think they're all pretty good even on their own. Thanks to everyone who made this new art!

First, Aaron Kapper's awesome new take on Vieja! I guess he really likes pineapple! Thanks a lot to Aaron for making this just outta nowhere, it rocks my socks. He needs a website so I can link to it, darn it! Someone tell him to do that!
Next is a comission from the Afu-Chan. This guy did an amazing job making Phibi look more realistic than she ever has! The whole thing is so cool. I like how he handled her hair a lot.


The last but not least, is Phibi and Suni by the awesome and all around nice guy, Teben the Every! I like how he really pulled out all the stops to make them look animated and full of motion. I really like how he did Suni, she's never looked cooler. Phibi has never looked cuter either!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Phibi by Afu Chan is pretty awesome! That is what Phibi would have to look like in a live action movie of Drifter. That's sweet! AK's Vieja makes me laugh. It does seem like Vieja would like pineapples. And I agree the elusive Kapper should get a blog for his art. I like his art.

Miles said...

Aaron's is my favorite because I like the personality brought to the characters. Ever see Sergio Leone directed "Spaghetti Western" films? Called Spaghetti because they come out of Italy? If not, they are great and make me think of Drifter a little. They are westerns, but many are influenced by Akira Kurosawa Samurai films from Japan. These are good Kurosawa and Leone films:
1. Once Upon a Time in the West (Leone)
2. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Leone)
3. The Seven Samurai (Kurosawa)
4. Yojimbo (Kurosawa)

They are great films on character and virtue. Leone has some great style and I like the music in his films. Kurosawa almost has a Shakespearean style for creating narratives.

These movies can be long, but good (if movies from the 50's-60's don't bother ya.)

Anonymous said...

thanks pat and miles! aw man, sergio leone movies are fantastic, especially the good the bad and the ugly-classic.

man, that would be sweet to have my own blog for art...but it would be nice to have my own computer first! heh, donations?

Checkmark said...

Thanks everyone for checking the new contributions! I have seen the Seven Samurai actually Miles, it was long, but definitely good.

Drifter is a little bit comical in it's undertones. Making things too serious all the time can drag the story down. Glad you like it though!

Checkmark said...

Heh, thanks man.